Does Kollagen Intensiv work? It’s a good question indeed! Having worked for a number of years as a beautician, I have been constantly aware of the power and advantages that physical appearance can bring. I have often spoken with clients and friends about some of the wide range of anti-aging products that are available on the market.
One thing which we tend to agree on is that there is a broad spectrum of products. These vary widely in quality, and one particular cream or serum could have widely contrasting results on 2 different subjects.
Having researched the product, and with a familiarity with this particular market segment in general, I initially approached with a good deal of caution. However, as the general buzz around the product increased, I felt that I could ignore it no longer. I decided to discover for myself the answer to the question: does Kollagen Intensiv work?
Kollagen Intensiv might actually be notable more for one of the ingredients it doesn’t contain, rather than those it actually does. This is collagen itself, a protein created by the body to promote skin suppleness and firmness, which also works to keep joints flexible and muscles feeling healthy and relaxed.
As the body ages, it becomes less effective at producing this protein, so our body becomes tired and deteriorates in much the same way as a new vehicle gets older and eventually shows the signs of its age. This ingredient is used by most anti-aging products, and its omission was the principle reason why I thought that the answer to the question ‘Does Kollagen Intensiv work?’ would be a resounding ‘No!’.
Key ingredients include:
- Shea Butter – this is a natural fat and also a very good emollient. It promotes healthy moisturizing of the skin, and reduces inflammation and irritation. It also works on the structure of the epidermis, which is believed to help the body create more of its own supply of natural collagen.
- Glycerin from fats and oils – this occurs naturally in the body’s skin to help it hold water and maintain elasticity. Kollagen Intensiv supplements the body’s natural supply.
- Tocopherol – this can most accurately be described as an anti-oxidant, which protects the skin’s enzymes, discouraging DNA breakdown. It also helps the skin heal and promotes elasticity.
- Various peptides – these also have material anti-inflammatory properties, achieved by suppressing the body’s production of interleukins. Some also alleviate stress on the system used by the body to create collagen, so that more is naturally produced.
- Various vitamins – for example, certain derivatives of vitamin A are included in the formula. These act as anti-oxidants which neutralize free radical skin cell reactions so that the cells become rejuvenated. One such derivative, retinol, is capable of travelling deep through the layers of skin and can also promote collagen production. A derivative of vitamin C – Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate – is included and also has the same effect.
- Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline (DPHP) – this can also stimulate collagen fibers, encouraging the body to create a greater supply naturally.
This is a non-exhaustive list – there are a number of other natural ingredients, broadly tackling areas such as inflammation, irritation and moisturizing. However, I believe that the answer to the question ‘Does Kollagen Intensiv work?’ centers on the successfulness of the collagen stimulation.
Despite my early misgivings, I was extremely impressed with this product. The results are undeniable – as a result, I have recommended it to a number of friends and former clients, many of whom are equally pleased. Does Kollagen Intensiv work? Yes!